University Orientation is a class for new church members and interested church seekers. The Orientation consist of 4, one-hour presentations over a 4-week period. Each session is a stand alone class. The classes are held in numerical sequence 1, 2, 3, and 4. The goal is for participants to attend each session. If the participant begins at week 3, the sequence would be 3, 4, 1, and 2.
Each session will be held on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. in Room 3113 in the Adult Education Building.
The topics of Orientation would include the following:
* Basic Baptist beliefs, including the two church ordinances.
* A brief overview of UBC church history.
* The UBC Mission and Purpose.
* Discovery and explanation of the spiritual gifts of each participant.
* Meet each staff member and learn their responsibilities at UBC.
* Meet organizational and ministry leaders and learn how UBC functions.
* Discover how you can be a part of the UBC ministries and activities.