You were created in Jesus Christ for good works. These works represent His hands outstretched to the church and the community. Express your love for God by applying your hands to one of these opportunities.
Listed below are Campus-Based opportunities for you to serve.
Help others discover God by participating in our Sunday Morning Worship Service. You could be a part of the following:
* Adult Choir & Worship Band / Team: share your talents.
* Audio / Visual Team: assist in sound and computer operation for the services.
* KIDs Care: provide Extending Teaching Care to our bed babies and preschoolers.
* Greeters: welcome people as they arrive in our parking lots and throughout our campus.
* Ushers: distribute informational material and collect the offering.
* Worshiper: engage in the service by wholeheartedly worshiping God.
Help others connect through age appropriate small groups that meet each Sunday morning at 9:30. These intimate settings allow you to serve in any of the following areas centered around Reaching, Teaching, and Supporting.
* Reaching: contacting people when they are absent; organizing fellowships.
* Teaching: preparing and leading weekly Bible discussions; substituting for the teacher.
* Supporting: maintaining attendance records; coordinating prayer concerns.
Talk to your Sunday School Director or Teacher for more information on ways you can serve.
SEND is a ministry at UBC that is designed to reach beyond the walls of our church to those that need to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. The ministry is carried out by members with differing gifts that choose to reach out to visitors, prospects, and other members by writing letters, making phone calls, or making home visits.
KIDs Care at UBC exists to allow preschoolers through Kindergarten, to discover God's love under the joyful care of UBC adults and youth. KIDs Care provides your child with times of play and teaching about Jesus every Sunday morning during the 10:45 a.m. worship services.
UBC has a variety of committees which meet regularly and provide support for our programs. Find a place of service where you can best use your talents and abilities. Gain an overview of church committees and view the Committee Policies.
Age-Specific Areas of Service
Sunday School classes and other groups of UBC people serve in specific ways throughout the year.
* The Women's Ministry provides service opportunities for you.
* The Men's Ministry provides service opportunities as well.
* Contact Jim Williams for ways you can serve in these youth area: 180 Praise Band, Discipleship,
and seasonal events.
* Children's Choir is a great way to love kids.
Local to Global Service
Partner with us as we serve our community in some of these local to global opportunities.
* Reach Texas Missions Offering for State missions endeavors (SBTC).
* Lottie Moon Christmas Offering supporting International Missions of the SBC.
* Annie Armstrong Easter Offering supporting North American Missions of the SBC.
* Habitat for Humanity supporting local projects in San Antonio.
* Annual Mission Trips.
* Vacation Bible School for Preschool and Children in San Antonio.